William didn’t want to go to school this morning. He said his stomach is not feeling well at breakfast.

Guus asked him “are you sick or school sick?” He said “Both.”

We let him stay at home for the day. I gave him warm pit-zak to help with his stomach-ache. He was very happy and went to lie on the sofa to read Donald Duck.

Then I told him, “if you are sick, you need to rest. If you can read Donald Duck, you can also go to school.”

He started to cry. It was about 8:30am. Guus has just left to work.

So that is how my day started.

But I just left William on the sofa. Went to clean the bathroom. Later around 9, he came to find me and said he felt better now. I said “I bring you back to school at 10am, ok? You will have morning break then.” He didn’t want that.

Then I negotiated that he needed to do school work today if he didn’t go to school. That, he agreed.

He chose Chinese character app first for about 1 hour, til 10am.

Then we had fruit for morning break, just like if he was at school.

After the break, he showed me his book (he wrote some words on A4 paper and glue them together) and tell me all the letters he had learnt. He then carried on to do write more pages. Copying words from a baby book. I just left him to do whatever he wanted to do.

In the mean while, I finished with bathroom and 2 bedrooms. About 12:15pm, I came back to eat lunch with him. He had the sandwich we prepared at breakfast for school. And I had the leftover bami from Saturday.

About 1:10pm, I resumed work. He did ask me when I could finish. I said still another hour. But he had done well in the morning with “school work”, so now he can read as much Donald Duck as he wanted. He was happy.

Then I got myself another 30 mins to vacuum the living room, clean the toilet. After which, I felt really quite tired. But for some reason I thought it would be a great activity to clean the kitchen floor with William (we’ve lived in this house for 4.5 years now and this was the first time I scrubbed the floor). I decided to scrub it with soap and brush. William very happily joined me. He likes cleaning in general.

So we worked together and spent 30 mins scrubbing kitchen floor. Then he was awarded cookie earlier at 2:30, instead of the usual 3pm. Around 3pm, Lucy and Pieter also came back.

That was our day together on the first day after Christmas holiday.

P.S. holiday time means the house get extra dirty and I have less than usual amount of time to clean it. So the week after holiday is usually more cleaning to do. By the way, I am not a cleaning-holic.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment